Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 3 - Day 1 At the Ranch

Today was a little slow as we had a new person from Canada join us. Tony is from just outside Lethdridge Alberta and is a very nice person who appears to catch on fast. For me today was a day of review. An opportunity to work on my roping as I don't get many of these.
Penguin Wave
We also got in some more ground work with the horses training the people. Some things come quickly but some are very slow. For example, Bob talks about putting pressure on the reins in terms of ounces. He is always saying, "How light can you be to get the horse to turn its head?". It is amazing as I think I am very light and he tells me I am applying pounds... it is coming.

 
Arda's day of reckoning is coming closer. She is apprehensive but is also very excited. The apprehension will go away once she starts and maybe the mountains will take some of the excitement away.

Temperature = 53 and windy today.

No comments: