Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Sight-seeing 3/8 & 3/9/2008

Well it was an extremely relaxing weekend. I thought I would sleep in both mornings but I was awake at the crack of dawn.
Saturday was clean-up day... dishes and washing Tongue Out. Once these wonderful chores were completed, it was time to head to Benson for some shopping at Wally-Mart. Just as I was coming into Benson I spotted a horse auction. Fortunately they we still selling blankets, halters, ropes, etc. before getting to the horses so I went and did my shopping and had lunch. The horses were supposed to start at 1:00 PM but didn't start until 3:00. I stayed until around 5:00 PM when I got a frantic call from Arda who was sitting out side some library trying to send the info for her blog. I started for home as I knew this would not be casual but Arda did great and got her e-mail sent. Yes!
On Sunday I met up with Tom Hone from Minnesota who is a good friend of Bob King's. Tom getting driving directions from Big Red before we left the RV park where he stays in his trailer.
Wakka Wakka

We played tourist visiting Douglas and Bisbee. Bisbee (the old section) was really interesting as this was a copper mining town. This is a picture of the hole left from the open copper mine. The last time copper was removed from here was around 1975. We also went through the mining museum which was really interesting.

Temperature = 68

No comments: