Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 4 - Day 1 At the Ranch

The last week at Bob's has begun. Back in the saddle again... be glad I did not sing this for you. Today we had 3 newbies so now we have 2 people by the name of Dave and 2 by the name of Chris. I don't know how Bob keeps it all straight but it works.
We started with roping again today. More loops and more shots to learn and practice. It is fun but it is challenging. Bob started working with Jimbo again today (the horse). Jimbo is moves out real well and is quick to pick up on new items so it is easy to teach the "trainers". He doesn't look so tough does he?
After lunch we saddled up and did our ground-work with our horses. I have a new horse called Uno. He is very responsive but has not had a lot training. He does pick new items up quickly and is a very smooth mover. I guess I will get to work with him or is it that he will train me all week (?).
Temperature = 71

No comments: